Beginning with CirrAS 1.0.0Beta2 you have now a working monitoring and managing suite. On management appliance we have deployed RHQ server. You can reach it on port 7080. Default username and password for RHQ Server is rhqadmin/rhqadmin. Every node in the cluster comes also with a preinstalled RHQ Agent.
How it works?
- On management appliance RHQ server is started and reconfigured for your environment,
- RHQ agent on every node is reconfigured so it will know where RHQ server is located.
- On every node RHQ agent starts and connects to RHQ server.
- Every discovered service by RHQ agent is submitted to RHQ server.
- Discovered services are hold in Auto-discovery queue.
- A script is importing every discovered Apache HTTPD server and JBoss AS into RHQ inventory.
Above steps are executed fully transparently to end user. End user only needs to wait a bit and use that stuff!
JBoss AS 6 Milestone 2
On 16 Feb 2010 JBoss ASteam released new milestone version of JBoss AS 6. This release adds support for JPA2 and Servlet 3.0. You can now use those technologies in CirrAS! New version of JBoss Microcontainer is also included.
We have a great news for Amazon EC2 users. In EC2 environment CirrAS doesn't require from now GossipRouter. Because on EC2 we don't have multicast available (which would greatly simplify cluster formation) we were forced to introduce GossipRouter - a service running on front-end appliance whose task was to coordinate back-end nodes. After a new cloud protocol S3_PING was added to JGroups - we could remove the unnecessary GossipRouter service on EC2.
With that change you need add bucket name to encoded credentials when you're starting management appliance. We updated our wiki page to cover that.