So, you've installed BoxGrinder and you get an error while building your appliance? You need help and we'll provide it! But there are couple of things you should do before reporting a bug.
- First of all - search our issue tracker for similar bugs. Maybe it's already reported? If yes, please add a new comment - we'll respond to it.
- Search our forums - we have there a lot traffic and almost all known bugs were discussed there.
- Which BoxGrinder version are you using? What OS? Which
libguestfs version you have installed? Use these commands:
rpm -qa | grep boxgrinderand/or
gem list | grep boxgrinderand
rpm -q libguestfs.
- How did you installed BoxGrinder? (Meta appliance? Which version? Where do you run it? EC2? VMware? KVM?)
- Attach as much logs as you can for affected build. Logs are located in log/boxgrinder.log file. But, please strip the content and attach only logs for last run.
- Describe your issue best you can - this really helps!
- Which BoxGrinder version are you using? What OS? Which libguestfs version you have installed? Use these commands:
If you follow above steps - we'll be able to react faster and solve your problem!
We're also available on IRC: #boxgrinder @ irc.freenode.net where we can answer your questions too!