This should be really a major release. We fixed many bugs, but that's not everything – we added some great features too! I want highlight two of them.
Fedora 14 support
We support Fedora 14 almost on the day it was released! For all platforms: VMware, KVM and EC2 (both S3 and EBS-based AMI's). That's a great news for all Fedora lovers. I must admin this was a very smooth update – Fedora 14 worked perfect, thanks for the hard work on this sfotware!
RPMs available for Fedora 13 and 14
As a part of
ongoing inclusion process in Fedora
- we released for the first time RPM's for BoxGrinder. Currently
these packages are hosted in
therefore if you want to add BoxGrinder to your Fedora box - you'll
need to add this repo to your environment. In the future you'll be
able to install BoxGrinder directly from Fedora repos. To add
BoxGrinder to your box, just grab our repo definition and store it
curl http://repo.boxgrinder.org/boxgrinder/boxgrinder.repo > /etc/yum.repos.d/boxgrinder.repo yum install rubygem-boxgrinder-build-fedora-os-plugin
From now this is the preferred way of installing BoxGrinder on Fedora - please don't use gem command directly! If you have troubles - please fill a new bug report in our issue tracker.
EBS-based EC2 meta appliance
Yes - we hear your voice. There is now an EBS-based meta appliance (version 1.2). This prevents your work from being lost on EC2.
As usual - we're waiting for you in our IRC channel: #boxgrinder on irc.freenode.net and on our forums.
Below you can find full list of fixed issues:
- [BGBUILD-57] - Additional packages specified in EC2 plugin aren't installed
- [BGBUILD-61] - EBS availability_zone should be defaulted to current running instance availability zone
- [BGBUILD-81] - post command execution w/ setarch breaks commands which are scripts
- [BGBUILD-82] - Root password not set when selinux packages are added
- [BGBUILD-84] - Don't use in libguestfs qemu-kvm where hardware accleration isn't available
- [BGBUILD-63] - Use 'aws' gem instead 'aws-s3' because it's already packaged in Fedora
- [BGBUILD-64] - Add support for Fedora 14
- [BGBUILD-65] - Allow to specify own repos overriding default repos provided for selected OS
- [BGBUILD-66] - Store tarred appliances files in s3-plugin/ dir for s3-plugin
- [BGBUILD-67] - Add Fedora 14 support for S3 delivery plugin and EBS delivery plugin
- [BGBUILD-33] - Create spec files for BoxGrinder for Fedora